We’re big green smoothie lovers. Like gotta-have-one-daily kinda lovin’. Though the colour can be enough to intimidate some (personally, we are obsessed with the green, just look at all that prana baby). Once you’ve felt the zingy lifeforce one of these bad boys lights up in your cells, there’s a good chance you could be joining our club. This is a staple on our retreat menus, and a glass is likely to be placed in your hand if you happen to visit us in the morning hours. We’re also the kind of kitchen witches who just throw whatever we’re feeling into the mix, or in this case, the blender. So, each creation ends up a little different depending on the what we can grow, forage, or find at the time. But the ingredients below form the base of the magic formula. Feel free to get as freaky as you like.
We hope it helps you radiate full power like the beautiful badass human you are.
Big plantiful love,
Suzie and Trishna xo
Wild Green Power Smoothie (Plantbased Zerowaste Seasonal)
- 200 ml plant mylk (we like to use a combination of our homemade oat, sunflower, and hemp mylks)
- 2 tbsp oats or puffed quinoa (you can swap this for nut or seed butter if you wanna be a decadent motherlover or you require more calories)
- 150 g frozen or fresh fruit chunks (banana, mango and pineapple work best if you're feeling tropical, but if you’re keeping it English you can go for apple or pear, or get as obscure as you dare)
- 1 generous handful fresh leafy greens (we’re currently lovin' on foraged spring nettle tips and chickweed, but you can any greens like use spinach, chard, or kale)
- 1/2 tsp fresh or ground ginger (great for digestion and inflammation)
Optional Add Ins
- 1-3 big juicy medjool dates (if you like it sweet and are looking for extra energy density)
- 1 tbsp spirulina, wheatgrass, or chorella powder (or all three if you're feeling brave)
- 1 tbsp steamed pumpkin or carrot (to get some extra veggies in as well as some carotene)
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon (great for balancing blood sugar levels and adding a little sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp ashwaghanda or harataki powder (for an adaptogenic ayurvedic boost)
- Feel free to make any additions you’re feeling! (it might be a happy accident or bitter lesson)
- Soak oats and seeds overnight for better digestion and if your blender aint up to much.
- Throw all the essentials into the blender in the mornin' (or whenever the green smoothie mood arises).
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass or go all out and make yourself a smoothie bowl.Feel free to save some for later in the fridge if it feels like too much.
- Sprinkle with edible flowers or a swirl of turmeric if you're feeling sassy.