Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A delicious and lightly spiced autumnal pumpkin soup. A creamy and comforting injection of colour and immune-boosting nutrients to keep you going through the winter months.
Use homemade coconut milk or oat cream to make this recipe zerowaste.
- 1 Large pumpkin
- 4 cloves Garlic (to roast whole)
- 1 White onion
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced to saute)
- 500 ml Homemade veggie bouillon or stock
- 800 ml Homemade coconut milk or oat cream
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Tumeric
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- A squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of coriander, seeds, and any other toppings you'd like to add.
Preheat oven 200 degrees. Chop pumpkin into even pieces and roast for 30-40 minutes until soft and brown. Add 4 cloves of garlic to roast.
In a large pan, heat a splash of water and sauce garlic and onion until water cooks off. Add spices and seasoning and stir to coat.
Pour in 500ml water and vegetable bouillon or stock and bring to a boil.
Add roasted pumpkin, garlic, and coconut milk.
Simmer for 15 minutes or so.
Blend until creamy.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.