Fresh and zingy, yet creamy and indulgent tropical raw vegan cheesecake. A vibrant treat to brighten your day and nourish your physical body. Buy your ingredients from your local markets, bulk bins or in compostable packaging and make it zero-waste!
- 150g pitted dates (soaked for 4-6 hours)
- 115g nuts (almonds, macadamia or brazils work well)
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 1/3 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Optional: natural vanilla extract or powder
- 260g cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours, or minimum 1 hour in boiling water)
- 100g fresh young coconut meat or the cream from the top of refrigerated coconut milk
- 175g coconut oil (melted)
- 200ml coconut nectar, maple syrup, agave or 150g xylitol
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 250g fresh mango (about one small fruit)
- Optional superfood boost: 1 tbsp of lucuma or maca powder
- Pulp from 1 passionfruit
- Dried or fresh mango slices
- Optional: Squeeze of lime, coconut shreds, edible flowers and anything else you want to add!
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor with an S-blade until it forms a smooth dough.
- Transfer the mixture into a springform cake tin (8-10 inches works well). Press down firmly to form a base and roll a glass over the mixture to create an even surface.
- Rest in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients except the mango to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved (this may take some time).
- Pour half of the mixture onto the base and return to the freezer.
- Add the fresh mango to the other half of the mixture and blend until smooth again.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and pour the remaining half on top. Shake the tin gently to even out the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set (best overnight). Then remove from pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Decorate with passionfruit, mango, lime and any other toppings you’d like to add before serving. Get creative and make it beautiful.
Serves 12. Store in the fridge. The cheesecake can also be frozen for up to 2 months.