Fresh and creamy berry and coconut no bake vegan cheesecake. A vibrant treat to brighten your day and nourish your physical body. A beautiful way to enjoy a harvest of summer berries. Buy your ingredients from your local markets, bulk bins or in compostable packaging and make it zero-waste!
- 150g pitted dates (or 75g coconut sugar and 60g melted coconut oil)
- 100g rolled oats (GF if needed) (or sub nuts to make it raw)
- 25g nuts (almonds, macadamia or brazils work well)
- 1/3 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Optional: natural vanilla extract or powder
- 200g cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours, or minimum 1 hour in boiling water)
- 150ml young coconut meat (for raw) or coconut cream (if using tinned full-fat coconut milk, refrigerate beforehand and only use the cream from the top, saving the water for smoothies)
- 100g coconut oil (melted)
- 120ml coconut nectar, maple syrup, or agave
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 150g berries + more to decorate
- Optional superfood boost: 1 tbsp of acai or beetroot powder
- Fresh and / or freeze-dried berries
- Edible flowers
- Homemade berry coulis
- Whipped coconut cream
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor with an S-blade until it forms a smooth dough.
- Transfer the mixture into a springform cake tin (8-10 inches works well). Press down firmly to form a base and roll a glass over the mixture to create an even surface.
- Rest in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients except the berries to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved (this may take some time).
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture onto the base and return to the freezer.
- Add the berries and optional superfood powder to the remaining mixture and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency again.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and pour the berry mixture on top. Shake the tin gently to even out the filling.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set (best overnight). Then remove from pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Decorate and serve with berries, edible flowers, homemade berry coulis, whipped coconut cream and / or any other toppings you’d like. Get creative and make it beautiful!
Serves 12. Store in the fridge. The cheesecake can also be frozen for up to 2 months.