Grounding and immune-boosting beet, orange, and ginger smoothie. High in iron, manganese, copper, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, and B vitamins, and loaded with phytonutrients. Buy your ingredients from your local markets, bulk bins or in compostable packaging and make it zero-waste!
- 100g raw beetroot
- 2 blood or navel oranges
- 2cm fresh ginger root
- 250 ml fresh orange juice, coconut water or homemade plant milk
- Optional: a handful of fresh berries and / or 1 tbsp acai powder
- Scrub and grate the beetroot root (don’t discard the leaves – beet greens are highly nutritious and delicious!). Zest the oranges (keep for other recipes). Halve the oranges and remove any pips. Slice 2cm of ginger.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl or glass, and if you’d like, top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, or superfood powders for an extra boost.